Sony'sPS5There are several features, including backward compatibility, which allows you to play on new consolesPS4game.But did you know that you can also put somePS4Game upgrade toPS5version to take advantage of the PS5's improved hardware?
This means you can enjoy your favorite games with better graphics and smoother gameplay.Here's how you can upgrade eligible games to the PS5 version.
How to tell if your PS4 game has PS5 upgrades
You should note, though, that not every PS4 game has a PS5 upgrade to choose from.The list of PS5 games that can be upgraded to the PS4 version is still growing, but some of the most popular titles are already available.
This includes Cyberpunk 2077, Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, to name a few.you can startPlayStation StoreCheck to see if your game is eligible for the PS5 upgrade on this list.
Also, if you purchased the game digitally through the PlayStation Store, log into your PlayStation account on your PS5 (the same account you used to purchase the PS4 game) and go to your Games tab.
There, you'll find games downloaded to the console.Move your cursor over the tile of the game you want to check and click the "..." icon next to the "Play Game" option.If the game has a PS5 upgrade, you'll see Select Version as part of the options.
You can also upgrade an eligible game if you purchased the disc version and inserted it into your PS5.However, that means you have to have a standard PS5 with a disk drive, and you have to insert the PS4 game disc into your console every time you want to play the game.
Finally, you'll notice that some games offer free upgrades, while others are only available in cross-era bundles, special editions, or as part of paid upgrades.That means some PS4 game versions are cheaper than their PS5 or cross-era bundled counterparts.
How to Upgrade Digital PS4 Games to PS5 Versions
To upgrade an eligible digital PS4 game to the PS5 version, follow these steps:
1. Log in to the PlayStation account you used to purchase the game.
2. Go to the PlayStation Store and search for the game you want to upgrade.
3. 如果你已经将PS4版本的游戏下载到你的PS5上，点击播放游戏按钮旁的"... "图标，然后选择版本来下载PS5版本。如果你没有安装PS4版本，确保在下载前选择PS5版本。
4. Click Download to perform a free upgrade (if it is a paid upgrade, purchase it).
5. Wait for the download and installation to complete; then you can start playing the PS5 version of the game.
To do this, go to Settings > Storage > Console Storage > Games & Apps, browse the list of games, and check and delete the PS4 version of the game you just upgraded.
How to upgrade a PS4 disc game to the PS5 version of the game
As mentioned above, you will need a PS5 with a disc drive to upgrade PS4 disc games to their PS5 versions.If you have a standard PS5, follow these steps:
1. Insert the PS4 game disc into your PS5.
2. Log in to your account, go to Game Center, and copy the game to your console's internal storage.
3. After the installation is complete, click the "..." icon next to the play button and choose to view the product page.
4. Select Upgrade Quote on the right side of the screen.
5. Download the upgrade, and purchase it if it is a paid upgrade.
6. Wait for the download and installation to complete, then you can start playing the PS5 version of the game.Note that you will need to insert the game disc every time you want to play the PS5 version of the game.
Upgrade eligible PS4 games to PS5 versions to enjoy better visuals
If you have any eligible PS4 games, we recommend upgrading them to the PS5 version to enjoy better visuals and performance.Some games offer free upgrades, while others require the purchase of PS5 versions or cross-era bundles.But before you make any upgrades, check the prices of your titles so there are no unexpected charges.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!