The PDF format is one of the most standardized and common formats for sharing electronic documents.Many users regularly receive and download PDF files shared by colleagues and family members.Multiple interrelated PDF files can be more easily managed after they are consolidated (merged) into extended documents.
Windows 11 doesn't include any specific tools for merging PDF files.However, there are many Windows software packages and applications available that you can use to combine multiple PDF files.Let's take a look together.
How to merge PDF files with Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge is both the default browser for Windows 11 and its PDF reader.It includes some handy annotation options, but doesn't incorporate any PDF merging tools.However, you can add such a tool to Edge by installing the PDF Merge 2.0 extension.You can merge your PDF files with the extension like this:
1. Open in Microsoft EdgePDF Merge 2.0page.
2. Click "Get" to install PDF Merge 2.0.
3. To open the PDF Merge tab, click the Edge extension button.Then click on the PDF Merge 2.0 plugin from there.
4. Click the "Plus" button in the "Merge your files" box.
5. Hold down the Ctrl key and click Open to select multiple PDF files to merge.
6. You can change the order in which the files are merged by dragging the numbered boxes of the files with the mouse.Number one would be at the beginning of the file, number two would be at the second, and so on.
7. Press the Merge Files button.
8. The merged file will be saved in Edge's Settings Downloads folder.You'll see a download notifier in Edge, from which you can choose the Show in Folder or Open File for Merged PDF options.
How to Merge PDFs with PDF Merger and Splitter
PDF Merger & Splitter is a freely available application for merging PDF files that you can get from the MS store.It also includes a tool to split PDF files, which is useful for files with content that needs to be separated.Here's how you can download PDF Merger & Splitter:
1. Click "Microsoft Store" on the "Start" menu to open the application's window.
2. Enter PDF Merger & Splitter in the Search Applications box.
3. Press Get on the PDF Merger & Splitter MS Store page.
4. Then bring up the PDF Merger & Splitter app (click to open on its MS store page).
Now it's time to merge:
1. Select the Merge PDF option to open the application's merge tool.
2. Click the "Add PDF" button.
3. Select the PDF files to be merged and press the button to open the option.
4. You can change the merging order of PDF files by selecting the PDF files and clicking the Move Up and Move Down buttons.The files listed first will be at the beginning of the file, and the lowest files will be at the end of the file.
5. Select a page and click Preview to see what the combined PDF file will look like.
6. You can configure the page size in your document by selecting an option in the Page Size Settings drop-down menu.
7. Select Merge PDF to join the files.
8. Select a folder to save the merged file and click the Save option.
How to Merge PDF Files with IlovePDF
The iLovePDF website includes 23 web-based PDF file tools, which makes it a good alternative to any desktop software.There, you can take advantage of tools like merge, split, convert, repair, compress, rotate, sign and annotate PDF files in any Windows 11 browser.You can merge PDFs with the merge tool on iLovePDF like this:
1. Open in Microsoft Edge or other Windows web browseriLovePDF's home page.
2. Click Merge PDF to view the tool.
3. Press the red "Select PDF file" button.
4. Hold down the Ctrl key and select the PDF files you want to merge.
5. Select "Open" to add the selected PDF file.
6. You can rearrange the order in which the files are merged by left-clicking on the thumbnail previews of the files and dragging them with the mouse.Alternatively, click the "Arrange files by name" option to sort them alphabetically.
7. Click Merge PDF to merge the files.
8. A message will then appear confirming the merge of the files.Select Download merged PDF file to save the file.
Put your PDFs together in Windows 11
Fewer files are easier to manage than more files.In Windows 11, you can make it more organized by joining related PDF files together using PDF 2.0, PDF Merger and Splitter, and iLovePDF.They provide fast and efficient tools for merging PDF files.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!