Have you ever downloaded a file without knowing where your computer stored it?Or do you have to endlessly scroll through your browser history in order to redownload that file?
To prevent this from happening again, you should change your browser's default download location.Next, we'll show you how to do this for the most popular browsers.
How to Change Google Chrome's Default Download Location
Let's start with the Chrome browser, since it's one of the most popular, there's a good chance it's your default browser.
By default, Chrome saves anything you download online to your downloads file.But if you need faster access to these files, you can change the default location.
1. From the upper right corner, tap the three-dot menu and select Settings.
2. Go to Downloads.
3. Click the "Change" button to select a new download destination.
If you want Google Chrome to ask where it should download files every time, select the "Ask where to save each file before downloading" option.
How to Change the Default Download Location of Mozilla Firefox
If Firefox is your default browser, here's how you can change the default download location:
1. Open your browser's menu and click Settings.
2. In the left pane, select "General" and scroll down to "Files and Applications".
3. Click Browse next to Save the file to select the location where Firefox will download the file.
How to Change the Default Download Location of Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge has come a long way and has given its users plenty of reasons to make it the default browser, including features that allow you to share files and notes between mobile and desktop devices.
If you want to keep an eye on your downloads, follow these steps to change the default location:
1. Navigate to Edge://settings.
2. From the menu on the left, select Downloads.
3. Click the Change button and select a new download location.
How to changeBraveThe browser's default download location
due toBraveIts mission is to protect your privacy by blocking all privacy-invading ads and trackers, so it quickly gained popularity.Therefore, if you want to use it permanently, you should change its download related settings.
1. Go to brave://settings.
2. Scroll down on the left menu and select Downloads.
3. Click "Change" and set a new download location.
You can also decide where to save files each time by enabling the "Ask where to save each file before downloading" option.If you want to check the downloaded file, click Download in the browser ribbon.
How to Change Safari's Default Download Location
If you own an Apple device, your default browser is probably Safari.If you want to change your browser's default download location, please follow these steps:
1. From the menu bar, click Safari.
2. Go to Preferences > General.
3. Open the drop-down menu next to the file download location.
4. Click Other and set a new location.Additionally, you can set the download location for each file using the "Ask for each download" option.
How to changeOperadefault download location for
If you run out of space on your main hard drive, you can changeOperadownload location to avoid any future problems.Here's how you do it:
1. Click the "Settings" icon.
2. Scroll down and open the Advanced menu.
3. Go to "Downloads" and click "Change".
4. Select a new download location.
How to changeVivaldidefault download location for
Many people likeVivaldi, rather than other Chrome alternatives, as it is one of the fastest browsers out there.If you want to make it work more efficiently, you should change the default download location.
1. Click Settings from the lower left corner.
2. Select Download.
3. Click Choose folder from download location and browse to the new location.
If you want to speed up the download process when using Vivaldi, select the Save files in default location without asking option.
Easily change your browser's download location
Now you know where to find every file you download with your browser.Many of the mentioned browsers have enough built-in features to help you keep track of your files, but you can always install a browser add-on to manage your browser downloads.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!