Do you find the touchpad a hindrance when using an external touchpad or mouse?Do you get frustrated when your hand rubs against the touchpad and the mouse cursor jumps across the screen as you type?Are you going to give up your touchpad forever and go all out with a keyboard?
Regardless of why you want to disable the touchpad, Windows allows you to do so quickly.Next, we will show you how toWindows 11do this in.
How toWindows 11Disable touchpad in
Follow these steps to disable the touchpad in Windows 11:
1. On the taskbar, right-click the Windows Start button and select Settings.
2. On the left sidebar, select Bluetooth & Devices.
3. Tap Touchpad in the right pane.
4. To turn off the touchpad, turn the toggle switch next to the touchpad to the left.
When you disable this toggle, your touchpad will stop working immediately.When you do this, make sure you have an external mouse available so that if you want to enable it again, you can easily do so.
Touchpad disabled by mistake: how to enable it without a mouse
If you disabled the touchpad by mistake and no mouse is available, follow the steps below to enable the touchpad using the keyboard alone:
1. Press the Win key to open the search bar.
2. Search for "Touchpad" in the search bar and press Enter when the Touchpad settings option appears.
3. Keep pressing the Tab key until we reach the toggle key that disables the touchpad.
4. To enable the toggle key again, press the space bar.
Disabling the touchpad discreetly
In this post, we show you how to disable the touchpad in Windows 11.You should only do this if you have a mouse nearby.If you accidentally do this, you can use the keyboard to turn it back on.
Occasionally keeping the touchpad disabled and then re-enabling it doesn't make it work again.If the same thing happens to you, don't worry! Fixing it just takes a look at the mouse settings and a little digging in Device Manager.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!