If you're like most people, you probably don't remember the login name for every online account you have, nor most of your credit card information.You may have to refer to saved notes to remember your username and password, or have to pull out every time you need to use your credit card to make an online purchase.
Entering this information repeatedly can be tedious.Thankfully, Safari has a feature called AutoFill features that allow you to simply save and fill in information such as login credentials or credit cards.We will tell you how to use it.
What is autofill?
Autofill is a feature of the Safari browser that allows you to automatically fill in web forms.When you fill out the form for the first time,AutoFillYou will be prompted to save this information, which you can then reuse each time you fill out the same or similar forms.
AutoFill lets you populate fields with a click when you're filling out fields in your online shopping cart, or when you don't remember the password to your Netflix account.It's useful in a time-critical situation, such as when you need to order tickets for a concert that sells out quickly.Never waste time manually entering your information again.
What information is available for AutoFill?
Autocomplete allows you to use many types of information.You can use information such as usernames and passwords for online accounts, credit card information, and it allows you to enter information from contacts.Autocomplete also allows you to use other information entered in other forms.That way, you don't have to try to remember that information when you revisit the site.
How to Add Username, Password and Credit Card in Safari
Adding an account's username and password via autofill is a simple process.To add a username and password:
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
2. On the menu bar, click Safari, and then click Preferences.
3. Next, click AutoFill.
4. Now you will see multiple auto-fill forms.Click Edit next to Username and Password.
5. Enter your Mac's password or scan your fingerprint to continue.
6. Click on the "+" symbol.
7. Now you can enter the name of the website, your username and password.
8. Next, click Add Password.
If you want to add a credit card via autofill, the process is similar to adding an account login.To add a credit card:
1. On the AutoFill tab, click Edit next to Credit Cards.
2. Enter your password or scan your fingerprint to continue.
3. Click Add.
4. Now you can fill in the description, cardholder name, card number and expiry date for the card you want to add.
5. Once you have entered this information, click Done.
Now that you've added your login or credit card, you're all set.The next time you visit the site to log in or need to enter your credit card, Safari will prompt you to autofill fields with that information when you click on the web form.
How to delete or change saved autofill information
There may be times when you want to delete an account, or you got a password leak alert from Safari and now want to update the auto-filled password.Usually, it will prompt you to save the new password automatically, but you can also do it manually.You can do this in the "Passwords" tab in Safari preferences.
1. In Preferences, tap Password.
2. Enter your Mac's password or scan your fingerprint to proceed.
3. Select the website associated with your account.
4. Click Edit.
5. If you want to update the information, just delete the old login and enter the new information, then click Save.
6. If you want to completely remove the login information, instead of clicking Save, click Remove Password.
7. Click Delete Password again.
Can you use autofill on Apple devices?
If you have iCloud Keychain enabled, autofill information will be accessible on all your Apple devices.You'll also need to be signed in to the same Apple ID, which means that if you try to sign into an account on your iPhone that you've saved on your Mac, Safari on your phone will automatically offer AutoFill help.In addition to that, any updates or changes made through autofill will be saved and shared on your device.
Autofill feature saves time and reduces frustration
Having to repeatedly enter key information is not only a waste of time but also inefficient.When you're pressed for time, trying to remember a login or enter a credit card can be stressful.Using features like AutoFill removes barriers to completing web forms, and you can use it on all of your Apple devices.This is one of the many handy features that the Safari browser on Mac has to offer.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!