TikTokAllows you to remix and reuse other people's videos in a number of ways, one of which is Duet them.In Duet, you create your own version of the original video, and both videos will play simultaneously on split screen.
OnTikTokAnother way to reuse other people's videos is to stitch them together. Splicing on TikTok allows you to incorporate parts of other people's videos into yours, but it's a little different from Duet.
We'll show you how to stitch and how to manage your Stitch settings on TikTok.
What is stitching on TikTok?
The TikTok stitching feature was launched in September 2020.TikTok Stitchis a snippet that you take from someone else's TikTok video and incorporate it into your own video. TikTok stitching cannot exceed 5 seconds in length.
Not all TikTok videos can be stitched. TikTok's privacy settings allow creators to turn stitching on or off for a specific video or for all videos.If a video's stitch button is inactive, you won't be able to stitch that video.
The stitched video will indicate the original source in the title of the stitched video.Likewise, the attribution of the title is linked to the original author of the video.
Before others can stitch your videos, you must have a public account.Next, let us show you how to splice on TikTok.
How to Splice Videos on TikTok
1. Launch the TikTok mobile app.
2. Go to the video you want to stitch and tap the arrow (share) icon.
3. Scroll left on the bottom toolbar, click Stitch, and wait for the video to load.
4. If this is your first time sewing, you will see a message on the screen.Click "Try".
5. By default, five seconds of video will be selected.You can drag the frame to the right or left to decrease the duration, otherwise, leave it as is.
6. Click "Next" in the upper right corner and wait for the video to be processed.
7. Click the red video capture button to start recording your own video.You have up to three minutes to record.You can stop recording at any time by clicking the red checkmark.
8. Click Next.
9. Check your post settings like who to tag, who can watch the video, whether to allow Duet or Stitch, etc.
10. After you post a video on TikTok, tap any of the social media icons to share the video there.
11. When finished, click Publish.
When playing a video, the stitched video portion will play first, followed by the video you recorded.
How to Manage Your TikTok Stitching Settings
TikTok allows you to manage your stitching settings for a specific video or all videos.This way, you can easily allow or disallow stitching on your video.
for new video
Before publishing a new video, to manage your stitching settings:
1. Record your TikTok video as usual.
2. Click Next.
3. Toggle the "Allow stitching" switch in the post settings.
for an existing video
To manage stitching settings for existing videos you've published:
1. Find and open the video.
2. Tap the three-dot icon or the share icon.
3. Swipe left and tap Privacy Settings.
4. Toggle the Allow splicing switch to turn it on or off.
All TikTok Videos
1. Click "Profile" in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. Tap the hamburger menu icon in the upper right corner.
3. Tap Settings & Privacy.
4. Tap Privacy.
5. Scroll down and tap Stitch.
6. Choose who can stitch your video accordingly.Your choices are: everyone, your followers, and just me.
Make your first TikTok mosaic video
TikTok stitching is the perfect way to incorporate another creator's video into your own.Whether you have follow-up comments, answer their questions, or just want to present your version of their video, they won't be missed.
Now you know how to use this feature.Go ahead, open your TikTok app and create your first stitched video!
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!