Your iPhone is undoubtedly a resourceful little companion.First, it's a communication device, but it can also help you work and keep you entertained among other functions.Plus, like any good buddy, your iPhone can help you deal with unexpected situations.
The iPhone offers many features to ensure that you are in touch with your true partner when you need it most, or that they can get in touch with you.So, what are these functions and how do you set them up?
Set up medical emergency contacts on your iPhone
When you list someone as an emergency contact in your iPhone's Medical ID feature, others can access their number without unlocking your phone.This means they can call your emergency contacts even if you can't help.
You can add these contacts by following these steps:
1. Open the Health app and make sure you are in the Summary tab.
2. Tap the profile icon in the upper right corner.
3. Select Medical ID.
4. Select Edit in the upper right corner.
5. Scroll down to Emergency Contacts and select Add Emergency Contact.
6. Your iPhone will bring up your contacts; scroll through and find the person you want.
7. Next, specify a relationship and they will appear in your list.
If you can't provide the information yourself, others can now find and call your emergency contacts by tapping Emergency on your iPhone's lock screen.Additionally, you can set up a medical ID feature to provide an overview of medical information in an emergency.
Set up emergency contacts to bypass your focus mode
Whether you want to get things done or take advantage of some much-needed breaks, having a focus mode on your iPhone will help make that happen.However, it's easy to worry about missing a call from an emergency contact while you're focused.
That's where adding an emergency bypass feature to your contact profile comes in.You can do this with the following steps:
1. Open the Phone app and tap Contacts.
2. Find the person you want to be an emergency contact.
3. Click on their details and select "Edit" in the upper right corner.
4. Scroll down to Ringtone and tap it to bring up your options.
5. At the top of the Ringtone screen, enable Emergency Bypass, and then tap Done.
If you don't want to miss an important message, you can repeat these steps with its text beep.Also, you may want to save these steps and share them with emergency contacts so they can provide you with emergency bypass status as well.
Share your location with emergency contacts
If you're out on a trip or adventure, sharing your location with someone you trust may get you out of trouble if the trip doesn't go as expected.You can share your location on your iPhone in a number of ways, including through the Find My app.
Here's how to share your location with people in the Find My app:
1. Open the Find My app.
2. On the Me tab, switch to Share My Location.
3. Switch to the "People" tab and click the add (+) symbol in the upper right corner.
4. Select Share my location and select the contacts you want to share with.
5. Tap Send and your phone will prompt you to choose a time to share your location.
6. Once you confirm, your contact will receive a notification.
Your contacts can now see your location in their Find My app or in your contact profile.With Share My Location turned on, you can find someone's location in their contact details in the Contacts menu without using Find My.
Set up your iPhone for peace of mind
Your iPhone's emergency features will give you peace of mind and potentially help you out if things go wrong.Best of all, they just take a little time to set up.By adjusting the settings we mentioned, you can feel confident that people will be able to reach you in an emergency, or find you in an emergency.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!