While browsing the web, you may stumble upon a website or webpage that interests you and that you want to save and read later.You can use bookmarks to do this.Bookmarks are available in all modern browsers, including Firefox.
Your Firefox bookmarks can be exported and downloaded for use in other browsers such as Chrome or Edge.That way, your bookmarks will follow you regardless of your browser preference.
Next, you'll learn more about how to export your Firefox bookmarks and how to keep your Firefox bookmarks safe after exporting.
How to export bookmarks from Firefox
You can export bookmarks from Firefox on desktop and Android devices.While it's a little trickier to do on Android, we'll show you how to do it on both platforms.
How to export bookmarks from Firefox on the desktop
Exporting bookmarks from Firefox on your desktop is as easy as importing bookmarks in Firefox.Methods as below:
1. Open the Firefox browser on your computer.
2. Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
3. In the menu, tap Bookmarks.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click Manage Bookmarks, or press Ctrl+Shift+O.
5. Go to the top of the dialog and click the drop-down menu for Import and Backup.
6. Click "Export bookmarks to HTML"...
7. Rename the file and click Save.
8. Your bookmarks will be saved to the destination you specified.
How to Export Bookmarks from Firefox on Android
While you may not be able to export bookmarks directly in Firefox for Android, you can share bookmarks to different locations, essentially creating a backup copy.Alternatively, you can use the Bookmark Manager app for Android.Methods as below:
1. Open your Firefox for Android browser.
2. Tap the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner.
3. Tap Bookmarks.Here, if you're logged into your Firefox account, you'll find desktop bookmarks and mobile bookmarks.
4. Tap the three-dot button.
5. Click "Share".
6. Select the destination you want to send to.You can send it to your synced device or elsewhere.
Your exported Firefox bookmarks will be saved in an HTML file.If it contains sensitive information, make sure to keep it in a secure location that only you can access.You can also save it with a unique, unobtrusive filename so that it doesn't attract attention.
Easily export and backup your Firefox bookmarks
By exporting your Firefox bookmarks, you don't have to say goodbye to them when you switch browsers.Also, since you can store them locally, you can access them whenever you want.
Bookmarks help you organize your browser and prevent tab overload.You can also manage your bookmarks in a way that helps you be more productive, especially if it's an essential site.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!