Have you ever wondered what it would be like to turn an image all but one color into black and white?Actually, this isPhotoshopis very easy to do.
Next, we'll show you how to make everything but one color black.Additionally, we'll show you how to use layer masks to control how much a color appears, and how to easily split one color into two, so let's get started.
Step 1: Choose a color and make all other colors black and white
Before you start, if you want to discover for yourself how easy it is, you can startPexelsDownload the sample image and follow along.
This method can be used for almost any image you want to make black and white, except for one color.All it takes is a Hue/Saturation layer and some adjustments in the Properties panel.
1. Create a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
2. In the Properties panel, click the Color Picker tool.
3. Click the color you want to select.In this example, we will choose red glass.Alternatively, you can choose red from the drop-down menu.
4. Drag the Saturation slider all the way to the left to remove all red from the image.
5. Drag the right middle handle all the way to the right.
6. Move the slider on the right to 15 degrees as shown.
7. Move the slider on the left to 315 degrees as shown.
8. Move the smaller sliders in each group so that they are directly next to each other as shown.This will refine the selection so that red is the only color in the image.
As you can see, we have removed all colors except red.But you'll notice that there's still red that can be removed if you want the image to make sense.We will cover this problem in the next step.
We will also show you how toPhotoshopUse other methods to select all the same colors in .
Step 2: Mask out unwanted red pixels
Next, we'll mask off the red on the fingers, bottle, face, and neck.We'll leave the lip red as a creative option.
1. Press the B key for the brush tool or select it from the toolbar.
2. Choose a soft round brush.
3. Create another Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
4. Go to the red channel.
5. Move the Saturation slider all the way to the left to remove all red.
6. With the top Hue/Saturation layer's mask selected, press Ctrl+I to invert the mask.
7. Press the D key to view the default foreground/background colors.We want to use white as the foreground color.
8. Brush off the red color everywhere except the cups and lips.
Now, we've created a perfect black and white image, except for one color.
Step 3: Change the drink to a different color
We've demonstrated how to change an image to black and white with all but one color, and even mask out that color from unwanted pixels.Now, let's make another creative decision and change the color of the drink.This just requires an additional Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and refinement.
1. Create a third Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
2. Select the red channel.
3. Move the Hue slider to +125.
4. Move the Saturation slider to +18.
5. Move the Brightness slider to -45.
6. Toggle the X key to make the foreground color black.
7. Press the B key again if the brush tool has not been activated in the previous use.
8. Brush on lips to restore redness.
Super easy! With just three adjustment layers and refinement, you can completely change a black and white image while keeping one color, with one additional color change.
Edit your photos easily
As far as tutorials go, few things are easier than this.With just a few tweaks, you can now make your photos black and white with all but one color, effortlessly.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!