Considering the risk of virus attack and malware penetration, having a data backup is very necessary.A backup will ensure that even if your data is lost in the event of an accident, you can still restore it.
There are several ways to back up your data in Windows, and next, we'll show you how to do it with a third-party backup program.
iDriveis a trusted option that you can use for data backup.Its free version allows you to backup up to 10GB of data.To do this, follow the steps below:
1. EnteriDrive registration page, create an account, or log in if you already have an account.
2. Navigate to Computers in the Dashboard drop-down menu.
3. Download on your computeriDriveand install it.
4. Log in to your iDrive account and close the iDrive desktop application.
5. Go to the iDrive Dashboard and navigate to Computer in the Dashboard drop-down menu.
6. Select the computer where the files you want to back up are located.
7. Select the desired backup location in the backup screen that appears. (You can choose to back up files to your iDrive account by checking the circle for "Back up files to my IDrive account", or you can choose to back up files locally by checking the "Back up files to my local/Wi-Fi device" backup).
8. Click the "Change" button and select the files or folders you want to back up.
9. Once you have selected the files you want to back up, click the Start Backup Now button.
Alternatively, you can use iDrive to schedule backups.To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Follow steps XNUMX-XNUMX.
2. Instead of selecting Start backup immediately, click the Schedule Backup button.
3. Enter your preferred backup start time, what you want to back up, what day of the week you want the schedule to repeat, and other details.
4. When finished, click the Save Changes button.
EaseUS Todo BackupWith a 16TB hard drive capacity, it is another good option for Windows users to back up their data.
But to get more features to maintain an effective backup plan, including event-based scheduled backups and moving the system to another computer, you'll have to upgrade to the Premium plan.
The following will show you how to useEaseUS Todo Backupbackup file.
1. FromEaseUS official websiteDownload the EaseUS Todo Backup software and install it on your computer.
2. If you have not already done so, please register from your account on the website or within the software.
3. Temporarily disable your antivirus software to prevent annoyance.
4. Click the "Create Backup" button.
5. Then click Choose what to backup.
6. Select the type of backup you want, for example, File for backing up specific files and folders, Disk for backing up a specific disk or partition, and OS for backing up the entire OS.For your convenience, we'll show you how to use EaseUS Todo Backup to back up your files.
7. Click "File", navigate to the location of the file or folder you want to back up, check the box to the left of it, and click "OK".
8. Click the "Backup Now" button.
9. Once the process is complete, your backup will be complete.
FBackupis another free backup software program that you can use to create data backups.AlthoughFBackupThere is no premium plan, but if you want more features than what FBackup offers, you can buy Backup4all since both software are developed by the same company.
To compare the features and price of these two programs, visit Fbackup's comparison page.For creating backups with FBackup, follow the steps below.
1. FromFBackup websiteDownload the software.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions in the wizard to install the software.
3. Open the application and close the Getting Started window.
4. In the upper left corner, click New.
5. Select the location in your drive where you want to save the backup and click Next. (You should use an external drive for backups if possible, and try to avoid local backups).
6. After selecting the files and folders you want to back up, click Next.
7. Next, filter the backup source you selected and click Next.
8. From the drop-down menu, select Do a Full Backup or Do a Mirror.
9. You can encrypt the backup or choose not to encrypt it.
10. Click "Next".
11. Set the backup frequency, select the date and time, and click Next.
12. Choose a name for your backup, write a description, and click Save > Save and Run.
13. Once the software completes the process, your backup is ready.
Macrium Reflectis reliable software for backing up limited data. The free version of Reflect 8 is sufficient for most backup needs.However, if you want high-performance backups, tech support, and ransomware protection, you have to buy its premium version.
Visit the Macrium website to learn more about software licensing and advanced features.To create a backup using Macrium reflect, follow the steps below.
1. Visit the Macrium website and downloadMacrium ReflectSoftware - Choose from Backup at Home editions.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software on your computer.
3. After the installation is complete, launch the application.
4. On the left sidebar, click Create Backup of Files and Folders.
5. Select the files or folders you want to back up and click OK.
6. Select the destination folder where you want to save the backup and click Next.
7. Use the ready-made backup plan template or select "None" and define your preferred backup schedule and retention rules.
8. Once everything is set up to your liking, click Next.
9. Review the backup summary and click Finish.
10. Click OK in the final backup confirmation window.
this is all.That's how you can use Macrium Reflect to create a backup so you can quickly restore it later.
Back up your data with third-party software
Third-party backup software simplifies the backup process.Each of the software described above is equally useful for creating backups, and you are free to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Also, it's worth buying the premium one to enjoy extra features and advanced security like encryption.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!