In the past, you needed to use a third-party program like WinZip to unzip files in Windows.but Windows 10 Allows you to zip and unzip any file you want with a right click.
How to Windows 10 zip file
1. Put all the files to be compressed in the same location, like the same folder.
2. Select all files.An easy way to do this is to drag a selection box around them with the mouse pointer, or hold down Ctrl while clicking each box.
3. Right-click on one of the selected files.
4. In the drop-down menu, select Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.
The option to compress files can be found in the "Send To" menu.
5. A new zip file will appear in the same folder.You can visually identify the zip file because of the zipper on the icon.
How to unzip files in Windows 10
There are two ways to extract files, depending on whether you want to extract the entire contents of the ZIP file, or only specific files.
Extract the entire file using "Extract All"
1. Right-click the ZIP file.In the drop-down menu, click "Extract All..." The zip wizard will appear.
Select the "Extract All" option.
2. If you want to extract the files to a different folder, click "Browse..." and choose a location.
3. Click "Extract" and the files will be unzipped and copied to a folder of your choice.
Choose where you want the files to be and extract them.
Extract specific files using drag and drop
1. Double-click the ZIP file you want to extract.It will open a folder and show you the individual files inside.
2. Select all files, or just the ones you want to use, and drag them from the folder to another location on your computer.For example, you can drag them to another folder, or drop them on the desktop.
You can simply drag the desired files out of the folder.
The file can now be used normally.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!