You can connect a Bluetooth headset, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, or other device to your Mac.A Bluetooth headset gives you the freedom to sit further away from the screen while streaming video, or move around on a conference call.
Next, let's take a look at how to connect and disconnect Bluetooth headsets and devices on your Mac:
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Your Mac
There are three ways to connect a Bluetooth headset to your Mac.
But before you try these methods, make sure your Bluetooth device is turned on and in discoverable mode.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Mac in System Preferences
1. Open System Preferences on your Mac and select Bluetooth.
2. On the Bluetooth page of System Preferences, click Turn on Bluetooth on the left.
3. On the right side of the Bluetooth window, under Devices, all nearby discoverable devices will appear.If you don't see the item you want to add, check that the item is turned on and in pairing mode.If Bluetooth headphones are connected to your phone or other device, you will need to disconnect them before connecting to your Mac.
4. Select the headset you want to connect.
5. The first time you connect a new set of Bluetooth headsets, you may need to accept or enter the device's passcode.After you pair it once, the connection should be automatic.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Mac Using Control Center
1. In the menu bar at the top of your Mac screen, click Control Center and select the Bluetooth icon.
2. Tap Headset from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
Note: If you don't have the Bluetooth icon on the menu bar at the top of the screen and you want to add it, go to Bluetooth in System Preferences.At the bottom of the screen that appears, there is a box where you can tick "Show Bluetooth in menu bar".
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Mac with Menu Bar Shortcuts
1. On the menu bar at the top of the Mac screen, click the Bluetooth icon, and select the headset you want to pair from the drop-down list.
2. A second menu will pop up.Select Connect.
3. You will know the connection is successful when the Bluetooth icon turns grey with three black dots in front.If the dots are replaced by a low battery icon, click the drop-down menu.This will tell you which connected device is low on power.
4. From the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar, you can also turn Bluetooth on and off, or select "Open Bluetooth Preferences" to open the System Preferences Bluetooth page.
Why can't my bluetooth connect?How can I fix it?
If you're having trouble connecting your Bluetooth device, here are some standard troubleshooting tips that should get it working.
1. Make your devices discoverable: Make sure your Bluetooth headsets are set to pairing mode so that other devices can "discover" them and be able to connect.
2. Put your device within range: The device you are trying to connect to needs to be within about 20 feet.
3. Make sure your device isn't synced: If your Bluetooth headset is already paired with another device (like an iPhone), it won't connect to your Mac.
4. Reset the connection: You can tell your iPhone to "forget the device" in your iPhone's settings, or remove the device in your Mac's System Preferences.
5. Reset your devices: Turning all devices on and off again may help resolve pairing issues.
It's important to note, though, that it's possible to connect multiple Bluetooth devices to your Mac at the same time.However, if you want to connect more than one set of headphones, you'll have to use an audio MIDI application.You can find the app in the Applications > Utilities folder.
How to Disconnect and Remove Bluetooth Headphones from Your Mac
If you want to get rid of the Bluetooth headset connection, there are two ways to do it on Mac:
Disconnect the Bluetooth headset from the Mac
1. Click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar at the top of the screen, or open the Bluetooth page in System Preferences.
2. Select the headset and tap Disconnect.If you don't see the option to disconnect, click the "X" next to the device, and then click Remove in the pop-up window.You can also disconnect by simply turning off the headset.
Remove bluetooth headphones from your Mac's device list
1. Open the Bluetooth page of System Preferences.
2. Tap the X next to the headset you want to delete.
3. You will see a warning that you will no longer be able to pair automatically.If you delete the headset and want to pair it again later, you'll have to go through the pairing process all over again.
Quick tip: If your headphones die, they'll disconnect from your Mac, and you'll have to reconnect them when they're fully charged.
The caveat is that if your headphones die, they'll disconnect from your Mac and you'll have to reconnect them after they're fully charged.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!