Anyone who handles email knows you need an active internet connection to handle them.An unstable internet connection may keep you from accessing your email.But what if you could set up Gmail offline and access all your emails without the internet?
What you need to do before you start
It's important to note that you must not set Gmail offline on a public or shared computer, as emails are stored in your browser's storage.For some reason, if you have to, remember to delete the app when you're done.
Obviously, you'll need a working internet connection to set it up first before you start using it offline.Once you've set it up, you can browse your emails, search, archive, or delete them.You can even compose emails and queue them up and they'll be sent as soon as you have an internet connection.
How to set up Gmail to use offline
In the past, you needed aGmail Offlineextension to make Gmail work in offline mode.Unfortunately, the extension is no longer available, so you won't be able to use it.
Fortunately, this feature is now available in Gmail's settings.Follow the steps below to enable Gmail offline:
1. Log in to your Gmail account and click the settings gear icon.Now click to view all settings.
2. Find and go to the Offline tab in Settings.
3. You will see Enable Offline Mail in this tab, click it to display more options.
4. In the synchronization settings, set the number of days for emails to be sent.You can choose from 7 days, 30 days or 90 days, and you can also choose to download or not download attachments.
5. Finally, in the security settings, you can choose to keep offline data on your computer after logging out, or delete it.
6. Once the settings meet your requirements, click Save Changes to make the settings permanent.
You can now use Gmail without being connected to the Internet.The data is saved in your browser so you can access it at any time.
The only major limitation is that if you send an email in offline mode, it will be queued for delivery the next time you get internet access.Fortunately, Gmail does this automatically, so you don't need to worry about that.
How to Access Gmail Offline
The best way to access your Gmail in offline mode is to bookmark your inbox.To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Log in to your Gmail account and set offline mode in settings, as we mentioned above.
2. Now, go back to your email inbox and hit CTRL + D or simply bookmark it from the address bar.
3. If you want, rename this bookmark and it will be available for your future use.
Now that everything is set up, you can use the bookmarklet you just created to access Gmail in offline mode.
Handle your email anytime, anywhere
With Gmail's offline option, you can always work on your mail and save yourself some time, whether you're on a plane or at the beach with no internet.Even if you're using someone else's computer, you can choose the option to delete your data after logging out to stay safe.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!