Samsung's One UI software skin has long been a favorite of many Android users.In addition to offering fast software updates and Samsung Knox security, it's also very feature-rich, which means you don't need to download any unreliable third-party apps to do the same.
A QR code scanner is preinstalled on all Samsung devices.With it, you can easily scan and read any QR code to take quick actions like make a payment, send a message, open a web page, and more.Let's see how the feature works and how to scan QR codes on Samsung devices in 4 different ways.
What is a two-dimensional code?How do they work?
QR code, short for Quick Response Code, is a barcode that encodes machine-readable information.Unlike standard barcodes, where data is encoded in the distance between vertical lines, QR codes hold data in an arrangement of squares.This helps add a second dimension to the pattern and allows it to store more data than a standard barcode.
QR codes are also faster than standard barcodes; you must have seen the former with black and white squares on the three corners of the code.These are called location markers or lookup patterns, and they help scanners (like Android or iPhone cameras) accurately identify QR codes and their orientation for faster scanning.
There are several ways to scan a QR code on a Samsung phone or tablet.let's see.
1. How to scan QR code with Samsung QR code scanner
The easiest way to scan a QR code on a Samsung device is to use the app in the quick settings panel.
1. Swipe down from the notification panel to access Quick Settings, and select Scan QR Code.
2. After launching the camera app, point your phone at the QR code you want to scan.If it's too dark, you can use the flashlight button to increase visibility.
3. After scanning, choose from options to view full text, search the web, open in browser, or copy.Depending on the information on the QR code, the options displayed may vary.
2. How to scan a QR code using the Samsung Camera app
Depending on the version of One UI you're using, your Samsung device may be able to scan QR codes directly from the viewfinder in the camera app, but you'll need to enable the feature first if it isn't already.
1. Launch the camera app and go to camera settings.
2. Switch to Scan QR Code.
3. Back in the viewfinder, point the camera at a QR code to scan.
3. Scan the QR code with the gallery photo
In addition to scanning codes you find in the real world, you can also scan pictures in your phone's photo gallery.
1. Swipe down from the notification panel, enter your quick settings, and select Scan QR code.
2. Once the Camera app is launched, tap the Gallery icon.
3. Select the QR code image from your gallery and click "Done".
4. Your device will scan the QR code in the image using Bixby Vision and give you the relevant results.
4. How to scan QR code with Samsung Internet browser
1. Launch Samsung Internet Browser.
2. Tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) at the bottom.
3. Go to Settings > Layout & Menu > Customize Menu.
4. Drag and drop the QR code scanner tile onto the menu and go back.
5. Click the hamburger menu again and select QR Code Scanner to activate.
When scanning a QR code in Samsung Internet, the browser automatically opens the link embedded in the QR code, which makes the whole process a little faster.
QR codes are very common in today's world and you may have seen them in malls, restaurants, online shopping portals and local stores.Many social media and messaging platforms such as WhatsApp and Discord also use QR codes to help users quickly log into their accounts on a desktop.
While other Android users may rely on Google Lens or third-party apps, Samsung devices come with a QR code scanner pre-installed, and it works very well; it's fast, accurate, and convenient.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!