Sometimes, you might want to create your own eBook and want it to be creative and impressive, not just a bunch of boring text, so,canva will be your best choice.
Next, we will show you how tocanvaTake a look at every step of the process of creating an eBook for free:
Step 1: Choose the Perfect Template
To start creating your ebook, the first thing you need is a good template.go tocanva, enter "eBooks" in the search bar.It will show you hundreds of templates, some of which are free, others are premium.
You can also choose to design your ebook from scratch instead of using a template.To do this, select A4 or US Letter size for the page.
Step 2: Customize the Template
Please cut down the ebook gist to your needs.It will also help you if you are designing your ebook from scratch on a blank sheet of paper.
Edit and format text
If you want to change the title, subtitle, and paragraph, select the text box you want to change.Then, type or paste the prepared text in the field.You can also insert new headings, subheadings and paragraphs from the "Text" menu on the left.
To change the color, size, and style of the font, select the text you want to customize and make any changes from the many options on the Canva toolbar at the top of the page.
Insert elements and images
Canva allows you to display your images in over a hundred frames - for example, common geometric shapes, diamonds, flowers, tabletops, and more.However, if you just want to insert a normal image, that's fine too.
To insert your image in a special shape, you first need to add a frame from the Elements menu.
1. Go to the "Elements" menu.
2. Search for "framework".
3. Click the shape that fits your image.
4. Change its size according to your needs.
In addition to frames, you can add other elements. Canva offers over a thousand different icons, shapes, images, charts and other elements.You can customize them.
To upload an image in a frame, follow these steps:
1. Go to the "Upload" section.
2. Click the "Upload Media" button.
3. Select an image from your device.The image will appear in the menu.
4. Click on the image and drag and drop it into the frame.
5. To change the position of the image in the frame, double-click it and move it.
Replace elements and images
To alter an image that already exists on the template, follow the steps below.
1. Select the picture you want to change.
2. Go to the "Upload" section to import an image from your device.
3. Drag and drop the picture to the appropriate location.
Also, if you want to change the element, follow the steps below.
1. Select the element you want to change.
2. Press the Delete button on the keyboard.
3. Search and select the element of your choice from the Elements menu.
4. Insert it and adjust its position, size and color as needed.
If you've set a specific color for your eBook and don't like the theme or color in the template, you can change it.Just select the background or element whose color you want to change.Go to the Canva toolbar at the top and click the icon for the color you want to change.
A color menu will appear on the left.From there, you can choose any of the default colors, or enter a hex color code in the search bar.You can change these colors and play until you find the perfect one.
Step 4: Add, copy, move or delete pages
You can add a new page anywhere in the eBook, for example, if you want to add a blank page after page 9, just click the plus (+) icon at the top of it and a brand new page will appear in 10th.
To add a new page at the end of the ebook, just click the +Add page button at the bottom and the new page will appear next to it.
However, Canva only allows you to add up to 100 pages to an eBook.If your draft contains more pages, you can simply create multiple eBooks, download them as PDFs, and merge them.
Here are other features of the Canva About page:
1. To make more copies of an existing page, simply click the "Copy" button.
2. To move the page up or down, click the arrow button to the left of the copy button.
3. To delete a page, just click the trash can icon on the right.
Step 5: Add New Layout
If you have just inserted a new blank page, you can choose to design it to your liking or insert an existing layout from the template.
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Enter the Templates menu.
2. Search for the term "eBook".
3. Scroll through the templates and click the one you like.
4. Browse through the pages that come with the template and select a layout page that you want to use in your eBook.
Then, you can customize it according to your needs.
Step 6: Add Page Numbers
Unfortunately, in Canva, there is no automatic way to add page numbers to ebooks, you need to do it manually.To insert page numbers in an eBook, follow these steps:
1. Select a page.
2. Go to the Text section on the menu.
3. Select the Add a bit of text button.
4. Move it to the position where you want to display the number of pages.
5. Write down the page numbers.
6. Repeat the process.
Step 7: Download Your eBook
Once you've finished designing, it's a good idea to proofread your ebook one last time before downloading the final copy.Also, it will help you understand what your final design will look like to readers and spot any mistakes.
To do so, just follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Canva toolbar at the bottom of the page.
2. Tap the full screen arrow icon.
3. Use the arrows at the bottom or tap the arrows on the left or right side of the screen to navigate the pages.
4. Press the Esc key on the keyboard to exit full screen mode.
Once you've completed the review, you can download your eBook.
1. Click the "Share" button.
2. Select Download.
3. Select the PDF format.
4. Make sure all pages are selected.
5. Click the download button to get your final design on your device.
Easily create your own eBooks with Canva
Creating eBooks with Canva is easy.If you've got your draft ready, Canva can help you give it an impressive look that your readers will love.You can use the above step-by-step tutorial to make an ebook, try out different features, and create something awesome.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!