Since its founding in 2009, Fitbit has grown into its own ecosystem, offering comprehensive activity monitoring through its trackers and technology designed to help improve your health.
If you own an iPhone and are interested in buying a Fitbit (or vice versa) but are concerned about whether the two devices are compatible, this guide is for you.Here, we'll explain whether a Fitbit works with an iPhone, how to pair a Fitbit with an iPhone, and what features the two devices can use together.
Can your Fitbit be used with an iPhone?
Before connecting the device, it's a good idea to make sure your Fitbit is compatible with your iPhone.This is one of the first questions you should ask before buying a Fitbit.
The easiest way to determine which Fitbits will work with your iPhone is to check Fitbit supported device guide.For the most part, the Fitbit app for iPhone is compatible with Apple iOS 15 and later, but reading the Fitbit guide will help you determine whether your chosen devices will work together.
How to connect Fitbit to iPhone
To connect your Fitbit to your iPhone, you need two things: a Fitbit charger and the official Fitbit app.
Then, follow these steps:
1. Download the Fitbit app for iPhone from the App Store.
2. While the app is downloading, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone by navigating to Settings > Bluetooth and toggle the switch to On.
3. Open the Fitbit app.
4. Click "OK" to allow the Fitbit app to use your iPhone's Bluetooth.
5. Click "Sign in with Google" or "Sign in with Fitbit" to create a new Fitbit account or log in to an existing Fitbit account.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account (or log in to an existing account) and complete setup.
If you already have a Fitbit account, iPhone will try to connect to your Fitbit.Tap the Profile icon in the upper left corner of the app.Tap the name of your Fitbit (such as Inspire 3) to see if the wearable device is connected.
If your Fitbit cannot automatically connect to your iPhone, follow these steps in the Fitbit app:
1. Click the "Profile" icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Click + Set up device.
3. Scroll through the list and select the Fitbit model you want to connect to (for example, Inspire 3).
4. Read the "Connect your Fitbit to Fitbit App" information.
5. Click "I agree" to continue.
6. Connect your Fitbit to the charger and click "Next".
7. Enter the four-digit number displayed on the Fitbit into your iPhone and tap Pair.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the setup.
Once you connect your Fitbit to your iPhone, you'll see a series of tips and tutorials on how to set up and use your Fitbit.Click "Next" to skip this content.
Download: Fitbit for iOS (Free, premium version available)
Why should I connect my iPhone to my Fitbit?
Pairing your Fitbit with your iPhone enhances the functionality of your wearable device.Here are a few reasons to connect the two:
1. Health and Fitness Data Integration: Connecting your iPhone to Fitbit with the help of Fitbit app will sync your tracking data like steps, workouts, heart rate and sleep patterns to provide you with all your health metrics at one place .
2. Receive notifications: Incoming calls, messages, and other reminders on your iPhone can be displayed on your Fitbit for your convenience.
3. Fitbit App Features: The Fitbit app for iPhone enhances your Fitbit experience by providing workouts, clocks and apps, recipes, heart health notifications, and more.
4. Find My Phone: Many Fitbit models have a Find My Phone feature.Just tap the feature on your Fitbit to send an alert on your iPhone to help you find it.
Learning how to connect your Fitbit to your iPhone can provide a better experience for tracking your health.
How to use the Fitbit app on iPhone
Once you learn how to connect your Fitbit to your iPhone, you can use the Fitbit app to enhance the functionality of your wearable device.The Fitbit app for iPhone is divided into four tabs, making it easy to navigate between each feature.
Here's what's in each tab:
Today: Here you'll find a summary of the Fitbit metrics you track, including steps, calories, stress management, sleep, mindfulness, and more (depending on the device you have).To sync your Fitbit data, press and hold your finger on this screen, pull down, and release.You can also access settings in the upper left corner (profile icon) and messages in the upper right corner (inbox icon).
Discover: Find a variety of content in the Discover tab, including workouts, mindfulness practices, assessments and reports, nutrition, and more.You can also improve your fitness with guided programs here.
Community: Add your Fitbit friends to share your progress and stay connected through the Fitbit app.
Premium: You can upgrade your Fitbit app iPhone experience by paying for premium features.See all details in this tab.
If you want to change Fitbit settings, such as wrist selection, notifications, activity reminders, and primary goals, navigate to the Today tab, tap the Profile icon, and then tap the device (such as the Inspire 3).
How to fix Fitbit and iPhone connection or sync issues
As with all devices, you may find some issues and need to fix Fitbit sync issues with iPhone.
If you're having trouble connecting your Fitbit to your iPhone, try these fixes:
1. Make sure both devices have power.Some Fitbit devices require at least 20% battery power to connect and sync.If you can't connect, it's a good idea to make sure both your Fitbit and iPhone are fully charged.
2. Restart both devices.Sometimes, the trusty "power off and on again" procedure does the trick.Restart your iPhone and Fitbit to see if that solves the problem. (To restart your Fitbit, press and hold the Fitbit button for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. Otherwise, navigate to Settings and tap Restart).
3. Check for software updates.Sometimes, outdated software on your Fitbit or iPhone can cause sync issues.Check for updates on both devices to see if that resolves the connection issue.
4. Delete the Bluetooth connection between Fitbit and iPhone.Open the Fitbit app, navigate to Accounts, and tap your device.Click to remove this [Fitbit name].Then navigate to iPhone's "Settings" > "Bluetooth" and click on the (i) icon next to Fitbit.Tap "Forget This Device" to remove it from your iPhone.
5. Reconnect Fitbit and iPhone.After charging, restarting, updating, and deleting the Bluetooth connection between your Fitbit and iPhone, follow the steps above to connect your devices.
If your Fitbit still cannot connect to your iPhone, we recommend contacting support on the Fitbit website.
Connecting Fitbit to iPhone can enhance your exercise experience
Now that you know how to connect your Fitbit to your iPhone, you can get a comprehensive fitness experience by syncing your health and fitness data and extending your iPhone's functionality.In just a few steps, the Fitbit app helps you connect your Fitbit to your iPhone and provides an easy way to sync data between the two.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!