There is no direct way to turn the touch screen on or off on a Chromebook.However, you can get around this limitation by enabling one of Chrome's flags, which are experimental features that developers can test and use to enhance the browser's functionality.Once this flag is enabled, you can use keyboard shortcuts to enable or disable the touch screen.
If you rarely use your Chromebook's touchscreen, or just want to turn it off, here's how you can do it.
How to disable the touchscreen on your Chromebook
To turn the touch screen on or off, a specific Chrome flag needs to be enabled.When turning on tags, you may need to restart the Chrome browser and sometimes your Chromebook.Therefore, before continuing, save any unsaved work in your browser or device.
After saving your work, follow these steps to enable the flag:
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
2. Type chrome://flags in the Chrome browser's Search URL field and press Enter.
3. Type "Debug Keyboard Shortcuts" in the Search Flags box and press Enter.
4. Select Enable from the drop-down menu next to #ash-debug-shortcuts.
5. If a prompt pops up to restart the Chrome browser or Chromebook device, please follow the prompt.Even if your Chromebook doesn't prompt to restart, restart it to make sure the changes take effect.
Once the #ash-debug-shortcuts tag is enabled, you can use the Search + Shift + T shortcut to enable or disable the touch screen.The Search key on most Chromebooks is in the same location as the Caps Lock key on Windows devices.But on some devices it may be in a different location.
Easily disable the touchscreen on your Chromebook
The touch screen makes it easy to use or control the device.However, sometimes you want to turn it off completely.Hopefully you have a better understanding of how to turn the touch screen on or off on your device.So use keyboard shortcuts to easily turn your touch screen on and off.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!