TikTok is one of the most popular short video platforms, with millions of new videos uploaded constantly.But few things are more frustrating than making videos that no one watches.
Fortunately,TikTok There is a video view counter that lets you know how many people have watched your video, including the number of viewers who actually finished it.
But can you see who watched your TikToks?In this article, we'll take a look at video views on TikTok and see what you can see about your audience.
Can you really see who watched your TikTok videos?
TikTok also doesn’t let you know who actually watched your videos.However, there are some workarounds that allow you to know or guess who watched your TikTok videos.
For example, the number of likes, shares, comments, and favorites can give you an approximate idea of how many people watched your TikTok video.Please note that this is only an estimate and does not represent actual viewership.
Thankfully, you can do this easily and quickly using the TikTok mobile app, the TikTok desktop app, or the TikTok web page.Here's how to indirectly see who watched your TikTok videos.
On the TikTok mobile app:
1. Click "Profile" and select the relevant video.
2. In the lower left corner of the screen, you will find the accounts that like your videos displayed on the screen.
3. Click on any profile to learn more about them or to follow them.
4. You can also click the comment box to read audience comments, or click "Like" to view your "Likes".
5. If you want to know more, just click "More Insights" in the lower right corner.
On the TikTok website, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your account and click on your inbox to view notifications.
2. You can then tap on any of the Likes, Comments, Mentions and Tags to view their respective details.
3. Remember to adjust the engagement period as needed, from 7 to 60 days, or create custom dates.
How TikTok video viewing works
Achieving virality on TikTok involves several factors, such as the number of views your video gets in a short period of time.When a user opens your video on the app, it's counted as a view even if they don't finish it.Each view in a looped video also counts as a view.
On TikTok, you can see how many users have watched your videos.Previously, in addition to seeing the number of video views, you could also see the user's username.But that's no longer the case.
Right now, you can only view their demographics using TikTok's analytics tools.But you can also use the profile view feature to see who has viewed your TikTok profile.
So what if you want to know more about these video views? TikTok Analytics gives you a complete view of your video’s engagement and other key information.
What TikTok analytics can tell you about your TikTok videos
TikTok analytics includes four main categories: Overview, Content, Followers, and Live Broadcasts.Here's a summary of what you'll find under each category via the TikTok mobile app.
1. Overview: Video Views, Profile Views, Likes, Comments, Unique Viewers and Shares.
2. Content: Video views, likes, comments, shares and collections, including total play time, average viewing time, complete videos viewed and new followers, etc.
3. Followers: total number of fans, net number of fans, fan insights and most active time.
4. Live Broadcast: Live broadcast analysis, audience ranking, highest number of gifts, highest gift recipients, highest watch time, team, hosts you may want to follow, Live Broadcast Academy, Agency Center, replays, and rules and guidance.
Please note that you will only be able to see the analysis results for your published videos if you turn on analytics.
How to Use TikTok Analytics in Your TikTok Videos
To use TikTok Analytics, you need to have at least one public video and a creator or business account.
With that in mind, here's how to get started with TikTok Analytics:
1. Open TikTok and click "Profile".
2. Click the hamburger menu button in the upper right corner.
3. In this example, we are using the "Creating Tools" option.So, click on "Creating Tools".
4. Click "Create Video" to create a public video if it has not been created yet.
5. Select Analysis.
6. Click the Open button.
7. Select "Video Views" under the "Participation" tab.Alternatively, click on content and select related videos.You should now see total play time, average watch time, complete video views, new followers, retention rate, and traffic sources.
8. To drill down to your audience, click the Audience tab.Here you can see specific data on total number of viewers, gender, age, and popular locations.
Seven days after you post your first video and activate TikTok Analytics, TikTok will begin automatically updating your analytics.Without analytics, you can only see the number of people who watched your video, not their demographics.
To see only the view count of a video, just open the TikTok app and tap your profile in the bottom right corner of the screen.
You should now be able to see how many people have viewed your video.Another easy way is to view your videos or profile from another TikTok account.
Understand the performance of your TikTok videos
Knowing how to see who's watching your TikTok videos can help you create a more personal connection with your viewers and followers and increase engagement.
So, does TikTok show who watched your videos?Sadly, as we've seen in this article, TikTok no longer displays viewers' usernames.However, the wealth of information available in TikTok analytics can help you learn more about your audience demographics.
Not only can you see who is watching your TikToks (and where they are coming from), but TikTok analytics can also help you improve your overall content.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!