Telegram automatically saves your chats to the cloud server so you can access them anytime when you log in from a new device.So, you don't need to download it to save backups.However, if you want to have an offline copy of your chats to share with others or keep for future use, Telegram will let you export your chats.
Below, we will introduce how to export Telegram chat history.One caveat though: you can only download chats using the Telegram desktop app, not its mobile app.
How to export Telegram chat history with a single contact
To export Telegram chat history of a single contact, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Telegram desktop application.
2. Open the chat you want to download.
3. Tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and select Export chat history.
4. In the Chat Export Settings window, select the items to download (except text messages).Check the boxes next to the items you want to export.
5. If you want to download audio messages, GIFs or videos (usually large in size), don't forget to drag the "Size Limit" slider to the right to increase the download limit.
6. Below the sliders, change the format of the downloaded data, the download path, and the date range of the desired data.
7. Finally, click Export to start exporting chat history.
8. Depending on the size of the chat content, the export process may take some time.So let it finish processing.
The above steps will export the chat history to your desired location.Other file types, such as photos, will be exported in raw formats like JPEG, PNG, while text information will be exported in HTML or JSON, depending on the format you selected when downloading.
How to export Telegram chat history of all contacts
In Telegram, it is not possible to selectively download chat history with several contacts at the same time.You need to export each contact's chat history separately using the method above.However, you can download chat history for each contact instead of downloading them individually.
To export chat history of all Telegram contacts, follow these steps:
1. Launch the Telegram application.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines superimposed on each other in the upper left corner of the screen.
3. Navigate to Settings > Advanced.
4. Scroll down and click Export Telegram Data.
5. Follow the steps in the previous section to select the type of data to export, increase the size limit, change the format, and choose a download path.
6. Click "Export" to export the chat history.
Easily export Telegram chat history
Although not necessary, you can export Telegram chats if needed.Hopefully you now have a better understanding of how to download chats with a single contact or all your contacts.If you don't want to lose your chat history, you should save it somewhere you remember and back it up elsewhere.Especially if you plan to permanently close the account.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!