There may be times when you want to be able to easily extract and use text from images, such as when researching a project or giving a presentation.Maybe you want to extract some annotations from a PDF file, or a sentence from an online picture.
使用 Google Drive, you can extract text from most images and PDF files.It's easy to do with just a few clicks, and you'll be delighted.This feature can save your time and improve your work efficiency.
How to prepare images and files for best results
you can use it Google Drive Extract text from images in JPEG, PNG and GIF formats.You can also copy text from PDFs (single-page and multi-page files). Google Drive supports multiple languages and automatically detects the language of the document.
However, for best results when extracting text, you should ensure the following:
1. The image or PDF file size is preferably 2 MB or smaller.
2. The resolution of the extracted text should be at least 10 pixels high.This is approximately equivalent to a font size of 7.5 points.
3. Make sure the document is face up.Otherwise, rotate the file so that the right side is facing up before uploading to Google Drive.
4. Use common web-friendly fonts like Arial or Times New Roman for better results.
5. Better image quality ensures clearer text.So use sharp images with even lighting and good contrast.
How to Extract Text from Images and PDFs Using Google Drive
1. Open the Google Drive website on your computer.Or in Chrome, click the nine dots next to your profile picture to drop down the Google apps menu, then select "Drive" to open.
2. Right-click the PDF file or image on Google Drive.Choose Open, then choose Google Docs.
3. If you want to use an image or PDF from your computer, please upload it to Google Drive first.
4. In Google Drive, click the New button in the upper left corner.
5. Click File Upload to upload files from your computer.
6. Select the "Recent" tab in the left menu to find files quickly.Finally, right-click on the file, select "Open," then "Google Docs."
7. An image will open in Google Docs with the image on top and the text below.
The text will be editable so you can easily copy and paste it into Word doc, Notepad, PowerPoint or whatever application you are using.If it's a PDF file like a book, all the text will appear page by page and you can copy.
Keep in mind that text in Google Docs may not be formatted or aligned correctly.However, what you need is text that you can easily copy and use.
You can also share these files directly with Google Drive links for friends and colleagues.
Easily copy text to save time and speed up your work
Getting text from an image or PDF file is that easy and fast.No additional apps are required.With just one Google account, you can access Google Drive and Google Docs.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!