MacBook has some of the best speakers ever in a laptop.Still, if the speakers stop working or aren't working properly, you can use headphones, earphones, or external speakers, but if not, you're left with no choice.
Fortunately, there's a way to use your iPhone as a wireless speaker.Here, we'll teach you how to use your iPhone as an external speaker for your Mac.
Requirements for using iPhone as a Mac speaker
To use your iPhone as a wireless speaker for your Mac, you need to meet the following requirements:
Must be installed on the Mac called air foil of third-party applications.
Required on iPhone Airfoil Satellite(its companion app).
Both devices must have Bluetooth enabled.
Mac and iPhone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
air foil Lets you stream audio from your Mac to any other device connected to the same Wi-Fi network, such as Apple TV, Chromecast, and Sonos.
Install on Mac air foil
Once the requirements are met, you need to install Airfoil on your Mac.The installation process for Apple Silicon Macs and Intel Macs is quite similar, except that the former requires kernel extensions to be enabled in order to install Airfoil.Here's what you need to do:
1. Download and unzip Airfoil on your Mac.
2. Open Airfoil (not Airfoil Satellite) from the extracted folder.
3. Click "Install" on the welcome screen, enter the administrator password when prompted, and then click "Return".
4. When the "System Extensions Blocked" warning appears on the screen, select "Open System Settings".Once selected, you should be taken to the "Privacy & Security" settings.If not, go to Apple menu > System Settings > Privacy & Security.
5. Click "Enable System Extensions" and enter the password when prompted.On Apple Silicon Macs, you will be prompted to turn off and enable kernel extensions if they are not already enabled.On Intel Macs, you'll be prompted to restart the computer.
On Apple Silicon Macs, after you enable kernel extensions and start your computer, you'll see an "Allow" option in System Settings > Privacy & Security.Click that option, then click Restart.
Now you can start using Airfoil on your Mac.
Use your iPhone as a speaker for your Mac
Follow these simple instructions to use your iPhone as an Airfoil speaker for your Mac:
1. Open Airfoil on your Mac.
2. Download and open Airfoil Satellite on your iPhone.
3. When iPhone asks for permission, tap "Allow".After turning on Airfoil Satellite on your iPhone, it should detect your Mac.
4. On a Mac, click Speakers in the menu bar and select iPhone from the drop-down menu.It will connect iPhone and Mac.
5. In the Airfoil application on the Mac, click the "Select Audio Source" option to set the audio source to System Audio.
6. Similarly, set the audio source to System Audio in the iPhone's Airfoil Satellite app.
Once done, the iPhone will start playing the audio from the Mac, and you can control the volume with either the iPhone or the Mac.You can also switch the source to a specific app, like Music, Safari, or any other app on your Mac or iPhone.However, if you listen to spatial audio on a Mac, you have to give up when using Airfoil.
Hear your Mac through your iPhone speakers
As you can see, the Airfoil app makes it easy to use your iPhone as a speaker for your Mac.The software offers a free trial with limited functionality, and if you want to continue using it, you'll need to purchase a one-time $42 license key.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!