Canceling an ongoing Apple Music, Apple TV, or third-party app subscription on Mac is easy.If you have some active subscriptions that you want to cancel, just follow this tutorial.
We'll show you how to unsubscribe from the system settings menu and App Store app on your Mac.
How to unsubscribe through system settings
The System Settings app (formerly System Preferences) in macOS does a lot of things, including allowing you to manage subscriptions.Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Apple menu > System Settings from the menu bar.
2. Tap your Apple ID name at the top.
3. Now, click Media & Purchases on the right.
4. Choose Manage next to Subscriptions.
5. Click Edit next to the active subscription you want to cancel.
6. Then, select Unsubscribe > Confirm.
7. Finally, click Finish to exit the subscription page.
You have now successfully canceled your active subscription using your Mac.
How to cancel a subscription through the App Store
The App Store app lets you easily manage all your subscriptions in one place.Here's what you need to do:
1. Open the App Store application, tap "Name" in the lower left corner.
2. Click Account Settings near the top of the window.
3. Scroll down and click Manage next to Subscriptions.
4. Click Edit next to the subscription you want to cancel and select Cancel Subscription.
As with the system setup method, the system will prompt you to confirm the cancellation.
When does the subscription end after I cancel it?
With most subscription services, including most of Apple's free trials, even if you cancel your subscription, you can continue to use it until the last day of your subscription.That said, you can still use the service until the day before you have to pay.
However, in some cases, such as the Apple TV+ free trial, you will lose access immediately after canceling your subscription.As each plan is different, it is safest to read the sentence next to the "Cancel Subscription" button or on the "Confirm Cancellation" page that pops up.
If your subscription ends immediately after cancellation and you are a few days away from your next billing cycle, we recommend setting a reminder on your phone so you can enjoy a few extra days on your subscription.
Manage Subscriptions Easily on Mac
Now you know how to unsubscribe on Mac.The steps to upgrade or downgrade an ongoing subscription are the same as above.Just select a higher or lower plan (if supported by the service provider) on the page to edit your subscription.
Cancellation affects all devices using your Apple ID.In other words, you don't have to cancel the same subscription on all your devices.Just cancel once on your Mac, iPhone or iPad.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!