McAfee It is a popular antivirus software.However, many users complain that it generates too many pop-ups.These pop-ups can disrupt your workflow.
Therefore, if you wish to avoid receiving McAfee pop-up window, then you've come to the right place.This article describes some quick ways to block McAfee pop-ups on Windows 11.
1. Change Windows notification settings
The fastest way to turn off McAfee pop-ups is to customize your Windows notification settings.Here's how to do it:
1. Use the Win + I hotkey to open the "Settings" app.
2. Select "System" from the left sidebar, then click the "Notifications" option in the right pane.
3. Turn off the toggle next to McAfee.
Restart your computer; after that, you will not receive any notifications from McAfee.
2. Change McAfee notification settings
You can manually configure alerts for various settings and features in McAfee Settings.This option allows you to disable popups for specific settings.Follow the steps below:
1. Press the Win key to open the "Start" menu, type McAfee, and press Enter.
2. Click the gear icon in the left sidebar and select General Settings and Alerts Options from the menu that appears.
3. Click Informational Alerts.
4. Uncheck the "Allow programs to display informational alerts when connecting to the Internet" checkbox.Then click the "Apply" button.
Likewise, you can also access the "Protection Alerts" option and close the related pop-ups.
3. Remove any active McAfee extensions
The McAfee WebAdvisor extension is usually included in the default web browser when the McAfee package is installed.If you find that pop-ups are coming from your default browser, the solution is to remove the McAfee WebAdvisor extension.
Here's how to do it on Microsoft Edge:
1. Launch Microsoft Edge, click the "Extensions" icon on the toolbar, and select "Manage Extensions".
2. Turn off the McAfee WebAdvisor toggle switch.You can even click on the "Remove" button to remove WebAdvisor extension permanently if you don't use it often.
4. Uninstall McAfee
If you no longer use McAfee and find its pop-ups annoying, you can go ahead and uninstall the application from your computer.To do this, open the Settings app > Apps > Installed Apps.
Then, click on the three dots next to the McAfee application and select "Uninstall" from the context menu.This will uninstall the McAfee application from your computer and you will no longer receive any alerts or pop-ups from it.
5. Stop McAfee service
If you do not have McAfee installed on your computer, but you receive a McAfee pop-up, it may be due to a previously installed McAfee service still present.To resolve this issue, you must stop McAfee services.The following are the specific methods:
1. Open the "Start" menu, type "services" in the search bar, and press Enter.
2. Double-click "McAfee Activation Service" and click the "Stop" button.
3. Click Apply > OK.
Likewise, stop all other McAfee services, including McAfee Application Installer Cleanup, McAfee WebAdvisor, and McAfee CSP Service.Afterwards, restart your computer, and you'll find yourself no longer seeing McAfee pop-ups.
Clear McAfee pop-ups on Windows
The Windows security application is powerful enough to protect your computer from online and offline threats.However, some users choose third-party antivirus software such as McAfee to enhance the security of their computers.
Sometimes McAfee's frequent pop-ups can disrupt your workflow.Fortunately, you can block McAfee pop-ups on Windows 11 using the methods above.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!