HEICAs Apple's proprietary file format, it allows you to store high-quality images on iOS devices and offers better compression than the JPG format. HEICYou can make better use of your limited mobile storage space, but it has the problem: the software on your Windows computer doesn't support it well.So, sometimes you may need to convert HEIC files to the more common PNG format, the process is relatively simple, let's take a look at how this is done.
How to Convert HEIC to Mac on MacPNG
Converting HEIC images to PNG is easy on a Mac because Apple has HEIC support built into all of its photo software.This means you can simply open the HEIC image in the preview app and export it as PNG.
1. Double click on any HEIC image.
2. In the menu bar, click File, and then click Export.
3. In the export window, find the Format section and click the drop-down menu.Choose PNG.
4. Select the location where you want to save this export file.
5. Click Save.
You can export HEIC images to PNG using the Preview application.
The same steps can be used to save HEIC images as PNGs in any other Apple photo software on a Mac, although the exact steps may vary slightly.
How to Convert HEIC to PNG on Windows
To convert HEIC files to PNG using the Windows Photos application, you will need to install additional software to do so.Examples include the free HEIF Image Extensions app in the Windows Store and the paid HEVC Video Extensions app ($0.99).You can then open HEIC files in any application and save files in different formats, such as PNG.
Or you can also try some free online file converters like Convertio, which allows you to save any HEIC file as PNG.
How to Convert HEIC to PNG on iPhone
The easiest way to avoid using HEIC files on your iPhone is to use your iPhone's Settings app to save the images as JPG files so they will be fully compatible with the software on your computer.
1. Start the Settings application.
2. Tap Camera, and then tap Format.
3. In the Camera Capture section, select Most Compatible.This ensures that all new photos are saved in JPG format.
If you don't want to deal with the HEIC format manually, you can have your iPhone save all your photos as JPGs.
Unfortunately, this will give you JPG files, not PNGs.If you want your photo to be in PNG format, you'll need to use the Shortcuts app to convert it from HEIC or JPG to PNG.
However, you also get only JPG files, not PNGs.So, you'll also need to convert it from HEIC or JPG to PNG using the Shortcuts app.
1. If you don't already have it on your iPhone, install the Shortcuts app from the App Store.
2. Start the Shortcuts application.
3. Click the plus sign in the upper right corner of the page to create a new shortcut.
4. In the search box at the bottom of the screen, search for "Choose a photo" and tap Choose a photo when you see it in the search results.
5. If you need to select multiple photos to convert, tap the arrow in the "Select Photos" box and enable "Select Multiple" by swiping the button to the right.
By using the "Select Photos" command, you can create a shortcut to convert HEIC files to PNG.
6. Search for and add transition images.
7. In the Convert Image box, click JPEG (the default format files are converted to), and then click PNG in the list of file format options.
8. Search and save to add to the album.
9. In the "Save to Album" box, click "Recent" and select the album where you want to store the new PNG file.
10. At the top of the page, click Save to Album and name the shortcut.
When the shortcut is complete, you can run it from the app's home page.
If you want to use a shortcut, start the Shortcuts app and tap the new shortcut.Select the HEIC photos you want to convert and click Add.You can find the converted PNG photos in the specified album.
Learn how to convert HEIC files to PNG above, and your iOS device and Windows will work better with you.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!