Did you know that you can putYouTube MusicInstall it as a desktop app, get one-click access like Spotify or other regular apps, and play songs as you want?
All you need to do is directly fromYouTube MusicInstall the app on the website.You can open it as a standalone desktop app without using Chrome or another browser.
It's easy.So keep reading below to find out what you need to do.
How to install YouTube Music on your computer
Before you get started, we want to point out that YouTube Music doesn't have an official desktop app.Instead, we'll install it as a Progressive Web App (PWA) using a web browser.As of this writing, this PWA installation feature is only available for Chrome and most Chromium-based browsers.
First, open Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or any browser that supports PWA installation, and go toYouTube Music official site.
Next, follow the instructions below to install YouTube Music as a desktop app from Chrome and Edge browsers.
How to Install YouTube Music on Your Computer via Google Chrome
Installing YouTube Music on Chrome browser only takes a few steps.Once on the YouTube Music website, do the following:
1. Click the three-dot icon in the upper right corner of your browser window.
2. Select Install YouTube Music.
3. Next, click Install.
4. Alternatively, click the install icon in the upper right corner of the search bar.Then click Install to install YouTube Music on your computer.
How to install YYouTube Music on your computer via Microsoft Edge
As mentioned, Microsoft's browser also supports installing YouTube Music from within the web browser.To install via Edge, you first need to open the YouTube Music website.Then, do the following:
1. Tap the app icon on the top right (in the search bar to the left of the A icon).
2. Now select Install.
3. If prompted with permission mode, select the appropriate option and click Allow to proceed to the installed PWA.
Once installed, you can find YouTube Music in the Windows Start menu as part of your installed applications.Therefore, clicking on the app icon will open YouTube Music as a desktop application.
You can add the app to your Windows Start menu or taskbar like any other app for easy access anytime.
How to Uninstall YouTube Music from Your Computer
If you decide you no longer need the YouTube Music app, uninstalling it is as easy as installing it.However, since the app is available on your PC as a Progressive Web App, you can't uninstall it through the Control Panel like a normal app.
Again, how you uninstall YouTube Music will depend on the browser you used to install it in the first place.
How to Uninstall YouTube Music from Your Computer (Chrome)
To uninstall YouTube Music PWA for Google Chrome, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the installed YouTube Music desktop application.
2. Tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
3. Select Uninstall YouTube Music.
4. Then click Delete.
How to Uninstall YouTube Music from Your Computer (Edge)
Uninstalling a PWA from Edge is a bit different:
1. Open YouTube MusicPWA, click the three-dot icon on the upper right.
2. Go to Application Settings.This will open the app directory of the Microsoft Edge browser.
3. Finally, click "Uninstall" at the bottom right.Then click Delete.
Now, you will no longer find the app in the Windows Start menu, which indicates that you have completely removed the app.
Stream YouTube Music Without a Browser
Users can only access YouTube Music from their computers via a web browser.But since Google offers it as a Progressive Web App, you don't need to open Chrome or any other browser to stream your favorite tunes on YouTube Music.
Also, install YouTube Music as a PWA for one-click access to the streaming app.Ultimately, whatever is available on the browser version also applies to the installed version.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!