no internet connection,PS5has very limited functionality.if you havePS5This is even more the case with the digital edition, since you can't insert a disc.You must have a good, stable network to download and update games, use apps, and log into PlayStation Network.
We've outlined all the ways to set up an internet connection on PS5 here.Follow these steps and your PS5 should be fully functional in minutes.
How to connect your PS5 to a Wi-Fi or hotspot
The most common way to set up the PS5 is to connect it to your home Wi-Fi or a phone hotspot.It might not be the best way, but it's certainly the easiest, here's how to do it:
1. On the PS5's home screen, navigate to "Settings" (represented by a gear at the top right of the home screen).
2. Once you're inside, scroll down to Network and select it.
3. On the network panel, navigate to Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.
4. If you are using a mobile hotspot, now is the time to activate it.
5. Scroll down to the Found Networks section and look for the name (SSID) of your WiFi.
6. Enter a password and select OK.Incidentally, you can turn off the switch to hide passwords to reveal your password before confirming it.
7. If the password you entered is correct, a pop-up window will say "Connect to the Internet" and the three-dot animation will move towards the globe.When you go back to the network panel in settings, the internet connection status should now show connected.
You should now find an internet connection on your PS5.
Set up the PS5's internet with the WPS button
If you don't have a Wi-Fi password, there's another way to connect your PS5 to the internet.If your router has a WPS button, you can use that.It's usually a button on your router that's clearly labeled "WPS."
Follow the steps below to set up your Internet with the WPS button:
1. Navigate to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.
2. Scroll down through your registered networks and discovered networks until you reach the other sections.
3. Select "Use WPS Button Setup" and quickly press the WPS button on the router.Your Wi-Fi and your PS5 must pair within two minutes.
This is how you can connect your PS5 to Wi-Fi without a passcode.
How to connect your PS5 with an Ethernet cable
Ethernet network connection provides better stability and speed for the game.You should use an ethernet cable for better ping and faster downloads.
Follow the steps below to connect your PS5 with an Ethernet cable:
1. Connect the cables to your router and your PS5.You'll find the Ethernet port on the back of the PS5.It's under the two USB ports.Push the cable until you hear a light click, indicating it's docked.
2. Back on the PS5 screen, navigate to Settings > Network > Settings > Set Up Internet Connection.
3. Scroll down to the Networks section found and select Set up Wired LAN.You can leave the name as Wired LAN, or change it to whatever you want.When you're done, choose Connect.
All you have to do now is wait for the connection to complete.Once done, you don't need to do anything else.
How to Test Your Internet Connection on PS5
You can test your internet speed and view other stats on PS5.This feature is especially useful when you want to troubleshoot Wi-Fi issues on the PS5.Here's how to use it:
1. Select the gear icon at the top right of the home screen to launch Settings.
2. Select Network > Connection Status > Test Internet Connection.
3. PS5 will scan your SSID, IP address, connection status, PSN status, NAT type, download and upload speed.
These speeds are estimates only and internet speeds may fluctuate significantly.But it provides a good idea of how your internet is performing.Running these tests will use a lot of data, so be careful not to overuse them if you have a limited data plan.
PS5 Connection Tips
Here are a few tips you should keep in mind as you connect your PS5 to the internet:
1. PS5 is limited to only 10 registered networks.It's unclear why Sony designed it this way, but it's something you should be aware of.
2. If you use a VPN connection, it may slow down your network speed and region lock some content.If you find you're having internet issues, try turning off your router's VPN first.
3. PS5 updates and video games can consume a lot of data; you should avoid using them to use mobile data.However, just like you can enable auto-updates on your PS5, in these settings you can disable them to keep them from taking up valuable data.
4. When looking for better speed, use an Ethernet cable; if you don't have one, choose a 5.0GHz connection instead of 2.4GHZ.
6. You can change the DNS server on your PS5 for better connection.
Enjoy your PS5 with an internet connection
That being the case, if you don't have an internet connection, you won't be able to enjoy any of the online multiplayer features, and you won't be able to download games at all.Some games -- even those on disc -- won't work until you update.
So feel free to use the above steps to enter the online world of PlayStation.Enhance your console fun and play with your friends.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!