FaceTime is an excellent video calling app for Apple users to keep in touch with friends and family.It allows you to invite friends for a quick chat, host a viewing party using the SharePlay feature, or conduct a work conference call.
However, unlike other video conferencing apps like Zoom and Google Meet, you don't have the option to schedule a FaceTime call, at least not directly.So let's take a look at how to schedule a FaceTime call on your Apple device.
How to Schedule a FaceTime Call on iPhone or iPad
Scheduling a FaceTime call is a fairly simple task that doesn't require downloading a third-party app.You can schedule or modify FaceTime calls on your iPhone using the built-in Calendar app.Here's how:
1. Open the Calendar app on your device.
2. Tap the plus (+) icon in the upper right corner.
3. Enter a title for your event and tap the location or video call field.
4. Select FaceTime.
5. Set the date and time you want to schedule the FaceTime call.
6. Then, click the Invite to option to send invitations to your contacts.
7. After selecting the contacts, click the "Finish" button.
8. Tap the Add button in the upper right corner to schedule your FaceTime call.
Your scheduled FaceTime call will appear as an event in the Calendar app on the date you selected.Just click on the event, and click Join to enter the FaceTime call.You can schedule a one-on-one meeting or turn it into a group FaceTime call.
If you want to edit or delete a scheduled FaceTime call, go to the event in the Calendar app.You can change the date and time, or add or remove members by clicking the edit button.And to delete a scheduled FaceTime call, tap the Delete Event button at the bottom.
How to schedule a FaceTime call on your Mac
If you use a Mac as your primary Apple device, you can do the same from macOS's Calendar app.The process is as easy as doing it on an iPhone.
Follow these steps to schedule or modify a FaceTime call on your Mac:
1. Launch the Calendar app on your Mac and click the plus (+) button at the top.
2. Enter a name for your scheduled event.
3. Click the event's banner.
4. Click the video call icon next to the Add a place or Video call bar and select FaceTime.
5. Fill in other details such as date, time and inviter.
When you schedule a FaceTime event, your FaceTime event will be visible in the Calendar app.Double-click the event banner, tap the Join button, and enter the FaceTime call.
Editing or deleting scheduled FaceTime events on Mac is very simple.All you have to do is hold down the Control key on the event banner and select the delete option.There is also an edit option if you want to make changes to the date, time and attendees of the event.
Don't miss or be late for important calls
Using FaceTime to talk to friends is fun, but it can be frustrating when your friends don't show up on time.However, when you schedule FaceTime calls in advance, there's a good chance you or your contacts won't miss or be late for an important call.Fortunately, Apple's Calendar app makes it easy for you.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!