everyone is settingWindows 11Every time they need to create an account, this administrator account allows them to set up the system and install the applications they want to use.If you have added an account (Microsoft account or local account) on the system, it will be a standard account by default.There are 3 different types of accounts, Guest, Standard and Administrator.
Next, we'll bring you a few ways to switch between these types:
How toWindows 11change user account type in
Change user account type through settings
1. First, open "Settings" and go to the "Accounts" tab.
2. After that, tap on Home and other users option.
3. Under Other Users, click the account whose user account type you want to change.Once selected, click Change Account Type.
4. Select your preferred user account type and click OK.
Change User Account Type via Control Panel
1. Open the Control Panel and select User Accounts.
2. After that, select "User Accounts" again.
3. Next, click on the Manage Another Account option.
4. Select the account whose user account type you want to change.
5. Next, click on the "Change Account Type" option.
6. Select the user account type and click Change Account Type.
Change user account type via Netplwiz
1. Open Windows Search and type netplwiz to open the User Accounts window.
2. After that, tick the box next to "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" if they haven't already.
3. Now, select the account for which you want to change the user account type.Once selected, click Properties.
4. Under the Group Membership tab, select the user account type.When done, click OK.
Change User Account Type via Command Prompt
1. Open a command prompt as an administrator.
2. To change the account type to guests, enter the following command, pressing enter after substituting the username:
NET localgroup guests "DEMO" /add Note that here you need to replace DEMO with your actual username. If you want to change the account type to standard, enter the following command, pressing enter after substituting the username: net localgroup users "DEMO" /add
Again, you need to replace DEMO with your actual username. To change the account type to Administrator, enter the following command, pressing enter after substituting the username:
net localgroup administrators "DEMO" /add don't forget to add DEMO Replace with the actual username. 3. When finished, close it.
All of the above methods can change the user account type in Windows 11.In fact, you can choose any of these account types that suit you.But keep in mind that you must be using an administrator account to make changes, so whether you want to promote a standard user to an administrator or demote an administrator account to a standard user, you will need to be logged in from an administrator account to do so .
Finally, the original user account in Windows 11 always has administrative privileges by default.To revoke these permissions, you will first need to create another administrator account on your computer.You can then log in from the new admin account to change the original user account from admin to standard.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!