iOS 8 introduced the Health app, which allows you to create a medical ID that anyone can access from the device's lock screen.Not only does a medical ID help reveal your blood type, it can also be used to reveal known medical conditions and allergic reactions, which are very important pieces of information.Plus, any strangers nearby can see your emergency contacts, such as your spouse, children, parents, friends, etc., and call them to inform them about the situation.
Once your Medical ID is set up and displayed on the lock screen, anyone can use the device to find out about your health and reach your emergency contacts.Overall, medical ID is a great feature, so you shouldiPhone和Apple WatchAdd on and keep updated.
How toiPhone和Apple WatchCreate a medical ID on
1. Open the Health app and tap Medical ID > Get Started.You can also open the Health app > tap the avatar icon in the upper right corner > Medical ID.
2. Enter your details such as medical conditions, allergies and reactions, medications, blood type, weight, height, language and your emergency contact.
3. To ensure that others can access it from the lock screen, enable Show when locked.
4. To automatically share your medical ID with emergency responders when you call or text emergency services, enable sharing during emergency calls.
5. Click Done to save your Medical ID.
Once the Medical ID is set up on the iPhone, this data is also synced and reflected on the Apple Watch.You don't need to take any extra steps to add your medical ID to Apple Watch.
How to Edit or Delete Your Medical ID Record on iPhone
If you want to update your allergies, medical conditions or emergency contacts, you can do so by following these steps:
1. Go to the Medical ID section within the Health app > Your Profile Picture > Medical ID.
2. Click Edit.
3. Click the field you want to change and add the updated information.
4. To delete an emergency contact, tap the red minus button > Delete.To add one, click Add Emergency Contact.
5. If you want to delete it, click Delete Medical ID.
6. Finally, click Done to save your changes.
How to Check Your or Someone Else's Medical ID on iPhone Lock Screen
To access Medical ID on an unlocked iPhone, press the Health app icon and selectMedical ID.You can also go to Health app > Profile Picture > Medical ID.There are two ways to see someone's Medical ID on an iPhone:
try shutting down
1. Enter the shutdown interface.
On an iPhone without Face ID, press and hold the right button until you see the shutdown screen.
On an iPhone with Face ID, press and hold the right button and the volume up or volume down button.
2. On the shutdown screen, swipe Medical ID to the right.
Use the panic button
1. Enter the iPhone password input interface.
On an iPhone with a Home button, press the Home button.Since this isn't your iPhone, Touch ID will fail and display a screen where you manually enter your passcode.
On iPhones without a Home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.Since this isn't your iPhone, Face ID won't unlock the device, and after a few seconds of an unsuccessful attempt, it will display the screen to manually enter the passcode.
2. Tap Emergency.
3. Click on the medical ID to view the person's health details and emergency contacts.
How to Check Medical ID on Apple Watch
1. Press and hold the flat side button on the right edge of the Apple Watch to see the shutdown screen.
2. Swipe the Medical ID button to the right to access emergency contacts and health details.
It's important to note that on the iPhone, you can tap an emergency contact's phone number on the Medical ID screen and it will immediately call that person.On a passcode-locked Apple Watch, however, tapping a name or number on the Medical ID screen doesn't make normal or FaceTime audio calls from the watch.You can only use that person's iPhone to reach their emergency contact, or call them from your own phone after seeing the emergency contact's number on their Apple Watch.
Knowing how to access a medical emergency card is important for everyone, whether it's an iOS or Android user.When you know this, you can be of great help to someone who needs immediate medical help.
Whether you're an iOS or Android user, it's important to learn how to set up and access a medical ID.Because, you can do a lot for that person who needs immediate medical assistance.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!