search engineIt's so important that we use it almost every time we go online.Every major web browser has a full set of built-insearch engine , you just have to type something in the URL bar and your search engine will find it.
But every user has one of their favorite search engines, and if not, web browsers all allow you to change search engines too, they all offer at least Google, Bing, and Yahoo, and most offer more options as well.
How to Change the Search Engine on Mac or PC
The steps to change your browser's search engine depend on the browser you're using.But generally, you should open your browser's Settings or Preferences menu and click Search.There you will find the option to change the search engine.
1. Open Chrome and click the stacked three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Select "Settings" and then click "Search Engines" in the left sidebar.
3. Use the Search engine used in the address bar option to select the search engine you want to use.
Like most browsers, Chrome has a dedicated search settings page.
1. Open Edge and click the three dots in the upper right corner, then select Settings.
2. On the page that opens, click "Privacy, Search, and Services" in the left sidebar.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click the address bar and search.
The address bar and search are at the bottom of this page.
4. Select your search engine using the search engine used in the address bar options.
1. Open the Firefox browser and click the three stacked rows in the upper right corner.
2. Select "Settings" and then click "Search" in the left sidebar.
3. Use the Default Search Engine drop-down menu to select your browser's search engine.
Firefox There are eBay and Wikipedia as search engine options.
1. Open the Safari browser, then tap Safari in the upper-left corner of the screen.
2. Select Preferences, then click Search at the top of the menu that opens.
3. Use Search Engine: Select the new search engine for your browser from the drop-down menu.
Safari gives you five search engine options.
How to Change the Search Engine on iPhone, iPad or Android
iPhone and iPad
The default web browser on Apple devices is the Safari browser.You can customize it using the Settings app.
1. Open the Settings app and scroll down to select Safari.
2. Click Search Engine, and then select the search engine you want to use.
You can manage the Safari browser through the Settings app.
You can also download apps like Edge, Firefox, and Chrome.To change the search engine in these apps, open their in-app settings menu.
Different Android devices have different default web browsers.But in general, new phones are generally usedGoogle Chrome.
1. Open the Google Chrome app, tap the three stacked dots in the upper-right corner, and select Settings.
2. Under Basics, click Search Engines.
Chrome's search engine options are under the "Basic Info" heading.
3. Select your new search engine.
If you use another browser app, check that app's Settings menu.
While most users prefer to use Google Chrome,Microsoft Edge , Firefox, but learning to change your default search engine isn't a bad thing, you always have more options.
Copyright Notice:The article only represents the author's point of view, the copyright belongs to the original author, welcome to share this article, please keep the source for reprinting!